[IMC-Tech] link suggestions

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Sun Oct 8 13:28:25 CDT 2006

> Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 00:52:01 -0500
> From: Danielle Chynoweth <chyn at ojctech.com>
> Subject: [IMC-Tech] link suggestions
> To: tech at ucimc.org
>
> hi tech,
>
> i love the new site - yea for tech!
>
> a few easy to implement suggestions:
>
> make the top links these in this order:
>
> publish! | calendar | booking | volunteer | books2prisoners | wrfu |
> about | donate
>
> reason: library is not active and we need volunteers in every group.
> we can't afford to hide the volunteer link.  about should be up top
> too as a main link.

Done & done!

> change the right hand links to this:
>
> using our new site
> newest posts
> to the old site
> web-based IRC chat
> forums
> RSS feed
>
> reason: duplicating top links here are a waste.  the main thing folks
> need right now is some hand holding about using the new site which is
> why i suggest it as the top link for now.  the "hidden posts" link is
> way too high in priority space right now.  link it off our publish
> page or policy page.

Done & done (though I left the "Hidden Stories" link as well).

> question:
>
> how do we assign editor status to folks?  i seem to have it, but i
> don't know if that was assigned or not.

Site admins can assign roles to people.  Because Drupal is a _way_ more powerful
tool than Dada, we need to be a bit more careful about who has editor status
(because making mistakes can have fairly bad consequences).

> also, i need to add "supported in part by the Illinois Arts Council,
> a state agency" to our footer to comply with the grant requirements
> (that's the only requirement, by the way).  i can't find how to do
> this.  help?

Done & done!  One can change the footer from the Admin-->Settings-->General
Settings menu.

--Sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
Executive Director  *  Principal          *  President