[IMC-Tech] Private list

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Thu May 3 11:32:11 CDT 2007

A private list seems a good idea to me. Is it possible to lock
the list so that folks can't join without moderator intervention
as well? This would make it truly private to the tech group.

Print has started doing some editorial email discussions off-list
because we recently had someone threatening to sue us over a
complete misunderstanding of an editorial discussion, based on a
single posting to the list..... We never did find out who the
"third party" was who sent the author information out of context.
We have a number of list members who are not participants in the
activities of the group, making it impossible to guess. This sort
of thing is a huge waste of group energy and time.

Bob