[UCIMC-Tech] request to edit sensitive name out of "peace" mailing list archive

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 11 01:33:59 CDT 2007

Hello techies,

I'm passing along (again) a request from Anna Baltzer,
an activist for Palestinian rights -- a sensitive subject,
enough so that she goes by a pseudonym, for her own and
her family's safety.

Unfortunately her true name was mentioned, in conjunction
with the pseudonym, in meeting minutes on the "Peace" list last year:

   http://lists.chambana.net/mailman/archive/peace/2006-April/005604.html

I don't think the Peace archives used to be publicly readable,
but they are now, and are naturally picked up by search engines.
She noticed this in a search for her name, and wrote to
ask us to remove it, leaving only her public pseudonym (Baltzer).

I don't want to mention her true name on this public list,
but did so in private mail to dan.blah recently.
The name appears in parentheses after "Anna Baltzer"
in the above web page.

Please, could someone make this edit and remove the parenthesized name?

If I need to show up during the imc-tech meeting on
Tuesday evening for this to happen, please let me know that.

Thanks

   Stuart