[UCIMC-Tech] SSH / Remote Desktop request

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Mon Apr 14 16:21:04 CDT 2008

Thanks Josh, I appreciate the help. My understanding is that we need
to be able to tunnel into the firewall, and then 'see' the automation
computer  and drop files into its directory structure - I understand
that the Zara Radio automation system doesn't allow remote operation,
so we don't need any application-specific access. We do need two
logins (for Ray and myself) enabling SSH access, as well as
information about the address/name of the automation computer (for
use in Remote Desktop).

Thanks again,

Andrew

On Apr 13, 2008, at 9:23 PM, Josh King wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Sorry I haven't gotten to this earlier, as I've been in Denver for
> work
> and also dealing with some family issues. I haven't been involved with
> WRFU much, but if I have time tomorrow I'll try and familiarize myself
> with the setup of the automation machine and figure out what is needed
> to get remote access going.
> --
> Josh King
> --
> josh at chambana.net
> --
> System Administrator, Chambana.net (http://www.chambana.net)
> --
> "I am an Anarchist not because I believe Anarchism is the final goal,
> but because there is no such thing as a final goal." -Rudolf Rocker

Andrew Ó Baoill
Station Manager
WRFU-LP, Urbana 104.5FM
http://wrfu.net andrew at funferal.org