[UCIMC-Tech] SSH / Remote Desktop request

Gary Cziko g-cziko at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 15 09:19:51 CDT 2008

Andrew & Josh:

Dan set up remote access to the automation computer for me using a Windows
program called Putty.

I start up Putty and then select chambana.net and then sign on with my logn
and password. Then I start up Remote Desktop and use Localhost and a port
number. I don´t remember the exact port number and I can´t connect from the
computer I´m on now because the network I here at my workplace in Chile is
having problems right now. But I could connect from my apartment tonight and
let you know the details.

I hope this helps.

--Gary

2008/4/14, Andrew Ó Baoill <andrew at funferal.org>:

> Thanks Josh, I appreciate the help. My understanding is that we need to be
> able to tunnel into the firewall, and then 'see' the automation computer
>  and drop files into its directory structure - I understand that the Zara
> Radio automation system doesn't allow remote operation, so we don't need any
> application-specific access. We do need two logins (for Ray and myself)
> enabling SSH access, as well as information about the address/name of the
> automation computer (for use in Remote Desktop).
> Thanks again,
>
> Andrew
>
> On Apr 13, 2008, at 9:23 PM, Josh King wrote:
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Sorry I haven't gotten to this earlier, as I've been in Denver for work
> and also dealing with some family issues. I haven't been involved with
> WRFU much, but if I have time tomorrow I'll try and familiarize myself
> with the setup of the automation machine and figure out what is needed
> to get remote access going.
> --
> Josh King
> --
> josh at chambana.net
> --
> System Administrator, Chambana.net (http://www.chambana.net)
> --
> "I am an Anarchist not because I believe Anarchism is the final goal,
> but because there is no such thing as a final goal." -Rudolf Rocker
>

> Andrew Ó Baoill
> Station Manager
> WRFU-LP, Urbana 104.5FM
> http://wrfu.net andrew at funferal.org
> admin/voicemail: (217) 278-3933 x25
> studio: (217) 344-2536

Gary Cziko
Fulbright Scholar
Universidad de Playa Ancha
Valparaíso, Chile

Professor Emeritus
Educational Psychology & English as an International Language
University of Illinois
1310 S. Sixth Street
210F Education Building
Champaign, IL 61820-6990
USA

Telephone +1-217-333-8527
Fax: +1-217-244-7620
e-mail: g-cziko at uiuc.edu
Web: http://garycziko.net
Skype: garyjazz (http://www.skype.com)
Google Talk: gcziko
Amateur Radio: N9MJZ

Founder, Station Manager, Program Director, Chief Engineer and Announcer
The Latino Radio Service of La Casa Cultural Latina
1660 AM on the Urbana-Champaign campus of the University of Illinois
(http://latinoradioservice.org)

Founder and Major Contributor
ATALL Wikibook for
Autonomous Technology-Assisted Language Learning
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/ATALL)