[Imc-production] Re: [UCIMC-Tech] production room cleanup > Re: RFU Public Files

Chris Ritzo critz1 at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 21 19:53:10 CDT 2008

I'd like it known that I came forward to suggest working on the
production workstation, and the production room, to make good on a
commitment I made in the tech group meeting a couple months ago to work
on the production workstation since Dan and Josh's duties have piled
up.  Tommy, Dan and others in the shows and tech groups have spearheaded
this long before me, so I'm glad you guys spoke up.  My suggestion to
move things in or out of that space was to make room in there to work on
this project.

I've only been involved as a volunteer and IMC member for 6-8 months,
but one thing I've learned is that no single person makes decisions
about the space. And just because a group is inactive doesn't negate its
existence or mean that it's been made up. This is a democratically run
organization after all, and we need to come to consensus.

Before I joined the tech group last fall it was Dan and Josh. If
requests seem to be taking time, consider that we're all volunteers here
and for active members how quickly tasks/requests can pile up.

I'm not saying this to back out of helping on this project, or to
counter your concerns Andrew, but to ask that you give the process a
chance and bring the concerns to the appropriate groups to start the
discussion.  Dan's suggestion of reviving the production group is the
right way to go, and all the interested members from other groups should
join the list and make the Wed. meeting.  We all believe in the mission
of the IMC enough to donate our time, money, and creativity, and in that
sense we're all on the same side of this.

Hope to see you Wednesday.

-Chris