[UCIMC-Tech] Re: [rfu-tech] Studio Computer Down

Noel L. Vivar nlvivar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 14:20:56 CST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Stephen Fonzo <fonzo.stephen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was just in the studio to try to get the computer to boot -
> unsuccessfully.  The Hardware Monitor has detected an error, but there is no
> discernible error in the hardware setup (F2).  All drives seem to be
> correctly identified.

The hardware monitor error has been a recurring problem for quite
sometime. I actually don't remember a time when that computer didn't
have a hardware monitor error.

> Eloris explained that when she went into the studio, the screen was frozen
> and the windows logo was at the bottom of the screen.  She could not take a
> transmitter reading because of this, but the show is transmitting normally.
>
> Did anyone else in the studio this morning (Progressive Personal Finance and
> Heads Up) notice any problem with the studio computer?  Those shows were
> able to take transmitter readings.
>
> The computer seemed to have been working fine with the notable exception of
> freezing regularly.  This tends to happen when the transmitter software is
> left open and running - please close this program after taking a reading.
>
> Now, the computer will not boot at all and I cannot fix it in BIOS.  We have
> three live shows tonight from 6pm to 12am, so we should resolve this soon.
> Does anyone have insight into this technical problem?

Andrew, I'm not sure if there's going to be a quick fix for this. If
we are unable to do our computerized transmitter check, is there a way
to do the transmitter check by some other method?

--
Noel L. Vivar
505 E. Clark St., Apt. 24