[UCIMC-Tech] Question regarding the help desk?

Marti Wilkinson martiwilki at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 21:28:24 CDT 2010

I'm having an issue with my laptop and it may be related to the jack that
the laptop plugs into. The AC adapter and the battery is fine, but when I
plug it in I have to 'jiggle' it a lot to get it juiced up. It's a Toshiba
laptop and a price quote from Simplified Computers via email said it would
take close to 200 bucks to fix the thing...even thought the part itself is
around 30 bucks.  Champaign computer won't touch it because it may involve
having to solder the old part off and new part on the motherboard. This is
somewhat out of my own league to fix and, given a choice, it would probably
make more sense for me to consider buying a new laptop before spending 200
bucks to have an older one fixed. If anyone has any thoughts, ideas, or
suggestions on how I can get my laptop fixed at minimal cost please let me
know. I'm willing to work on it myself, but don't want to mess with it
without some type of help.

Marti

believed to be clean.