[UCIMC-Tech] [IMC] Bring the U-C IMC's only reliable historical record back to the public please.

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 22 21:06:34 CST 2010

I can't disagree with the concerns that Dan raised or the misgivings
that Zach expressed. Steering is something of a different fish now than
it was, but I'd agree that converting the IMC list in this fashion just
didn't strike me as the optimal solution to whatever problem or need it
was attempting to solve or fill. But since I generally have little to do
with things other than Finance, I felt that was up to Steering.

I do think that the change was not a good one for historic reasons. It
effectively closed the door on nearly a decade of UC IMC history. As a
historian myself, that's never a good thing and I was just too busy
trying to get my dissertation finished to realize that was what was
happening with the changes that were made.

Perhaps those that made them didn't realize that was what was happening
either. So I'd support some means of restoring the former status of the
IMC list. I think there must be a way to do that that could accommodate
what Steering feels its current needs are.
Mike Lehman

believed to be clean.