[UCIMC-Tech] [IMC] Bring the U-C IMC's only reliable historical record back to the public please.

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 24 12:29:42 CST 2010

Bob,
I may have, but this was something that has always been addressed in the
past without any need to place the archives in private mode. Having sat
through considerable, lengthy and repeated incidents of that nature in
past years, we seemed to manage without the need for a private archive.

That said, the discussion I've followed here on this indicates that
making the archive private recently was an inadvertent product of
reconfiguring the list and was not intentional.
Mike Lehman

Bob Illyes wrote:
> At 06:09 PM 2/23/2010, Mike Lehman wrote:
>> Bob,
>> AFAIK, it had nothing at all to do with being "secretive."
>

> You apparently missed some of the discussions at Steering, Mike. We
> needed a relative private list to discuss urgent building security
> issues, among other things. This was one of the issues that got us
> consensus for a change. A degree of secrecy in this matter was
> obviously necessary. But as I pointed out, secrecy is the enemy of
> democracy, so it must be used with great restraint.
>
> Bob

believed to be clean.