[UCIMC-Tech] Reminder- What are these lists about?

Elizabeth Simpson elizacorps at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 24 14:10:34 CST 2010

Hi all,

A reminder, in all the email mayhem,  about what lists are for what, from a 12/14/09 email sent to the imc at ucimc.org list when it was the 'only' one. None of the lists are secret. As a member you can join any list if you want. 'Membership' and 'imc' (spokes) are for members-only. 'events' is for anyone.

As decided at a steering meeting over the summer, and as discussed
at the GMM, the IMC is restructuring its listservs as follows:

events at ucimc.org
A public, announce-only list to inform our community about our events.
It will take the form of a weekly bulletin, or other low-traffic format.
(will consist of all people currently on imc at ucimc.org)

membership at ucimc.org
member-only list to inform members about relevant IMC issues. This list
will also act as a discussion list for steering in the event that a
decision is needed between steering meetings
(will consist of all current members)

imc at ucimc.org
member-only list consisting of spokes-people and others who are
actively involved in the well-being of the IMC. This list is where
member issues can be referred to, or where topics get 'hashed out'
before a proposal is put to the membership/steering. This is also where
the question to the imc would be sent and disbursed to the appropriate
working group.
(will consist of all spokes and self-identified members who want to join)

I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves.

-Harriet Tubman