[UCIMC-Tech] Membership Updates

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 08:07:04 CDT 2010

Hey gang,

After some investigation and reading up on CiviCRM documentation (yay,
RTFM), here's what I've got for ya.

The way we want to do memberships as described here, will work fine, but
CiviCRM is going to require us to have separate forms for each type of
membership.
This will allow us to have each type tracked separately in CiviCRM and
Paypal, as well as allow people to enter the sliding scale amount for that
membership type.

We can have one link in the menu, like "Become a member" which then directs
the person to a choice of which type of membership they want, and then on to
the appropriate form based on their choice. This page can have some basic
info about memberships & the types, etc. and yes, can have the url
ucimc.org/memberhsip

The other question out there was about RFU memberships were being listed as
"sustaining fund" in CiviCRM. This is because we only had one form for
payment, but several "contribution types" in CiviCRM. The form had
"sustaining fund" selected as the contribution type. We need to have a form
for each contribution type so accounting will be separated.

I'll be putting all this in place today. If folks have questions, I can try
to come to the finance meeting this coming week to run through things.

Chris