[UCIMC-Tech] [Imcamericorps] Public access pc's

Austin McCann austinmccann at ucimc.org
Wed Jun 29 15:00:32 CDT 2011

I just mentioned this same thing to Carol yesterday. I think it's in the
best interests of our organization that we (I can't use tech-speak here,
unfortunately) make users unable to play sound without headphones. Is that
easily doable?

Sound access is a necessity, but let's mandate headphones?

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Isak Griffiths <isak at ucimc.org> wrote:

> All,
>
> I have repeatedly asked people who use the public access pc's to bring
> headphones and or turn the music / tv shoes / whatever down.
>
> People almost never bring headphones, and I have to keep making the
> same turn down requests to the same people. The people on pc's show
> little regard for other people in the space regarding volume or
> content.
>
> It is possible to quickly and easily disable the soundcards in
> Windows.... Is that an option here? If so, what group would this need
> to go before for consensus?
>
> Isak

Austin McCann, Development Adviser
Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center <http://www.ucimc.org>