[IMC-US-tech] Re: [IMC-US] Site Design

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Oct 1 18:47:39 CDT 2003

Hi all,

Alright, so we've gone through the New-IMC process and now we need to
build the IMC-US website.  I believe we've decided a couple important
things:

1. We'll host the site (at least at first) out of Michigan
2. We'll use a Dada code-base

I agree with Dan -- I think we should get some fairly basic questions
answered and then get the site up ASAP and tweak things as we go.  We can
then have our "grand-opening" once we get the kinks worked out.  I'm a big
believer that in disigning on-the-fly for a project like this since
otherwise we'll be planning for years.  Probably the best thing would be
to split discussion/action so that the imc-us-tech list is working on
programming and code implementation, and the imc-us list is working on
protocols, visual articulation, processes, recruitment.

We should also keep in mind that any US-based IMC can opt _out_ of the
IMC-US syndication system (though, by default everyone is a part of the
collaboration).

Keep in mind that we have a wiki that we can use for maintaining
information:

http://brainstorm.ucimc.org/ucimcWiki/imc-us

In solidarity,

--Sascha Meinrath