[IMC-US-tech] collecting donations:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Mon Oct 20 10:34:58 CDT 2003

hi all,

we're transferring over the www.indymedia.us domain name; however, this
brings up a very important issue, how do we raise funding for IMC-US
expenses?  as a stop-gap, i've gone ahead and set up paypal so that we can
accept donations through the UCIMC (which will charge the usual fiscal
sponsorship fee for processing).  below is the link for e-mails and the
html code which can be used for web pages.

but how do you think we should do this more generally?  the IMC-US will be
a fairly high-profile project once it's up and running.  right now, we are
responsible for paying taxes on funding we raise -- one solution would be
to incorporate as a non-profit organization, another might be to become
fiscally sponsored.

while it may seem a bit early to be thinking about these issues, we'll be
in a much better position later on if we're proactive in addressing them.

what do folks think?

in solidarity,

--sascha meinrath
urbana-champaign IMC

link:
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=donations%40ucimc.org&item_name=IMC-US&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD

html:
<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="donations at ucimc.org">
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="IMC-US">
<input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
<input type="hidden" name="tax" value="0">
<input type="image"
src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but21.gif" border="0"
name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and
secure!">
</form>