[Imc-web] The Dixie Chicks: Censored?

James Yonan jbyonan at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 15:29:27 CDT 2004

James Yonan <jbyonan at yahoo.com> wrote: Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:23:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: James Yonan
Subject: The Dixie Chicks: Censored?
To: general at indymedia.org
CC: America Faithful ,
MoveOn

Dear Indymedia.org:

     Has anyone looked into whether or not The Dixie Chicks were deliberately and vindictively censored by the Commercial Music Industry (one of the main media outlets) for having made negative remarks about Geroge Bush during a concert tour in the United Kingdom a while back?
     It was reported, I believe well over a year ago, that one of The Dixie Chicks, while on concert in the UK had made negative remarks regarding George Bush and it seems that The Dixie Chicks were never [commercially] seen or heard from again. I believe they were and are being censored. Can this be factually proven and established?
     If it proves to be true, (that The Dixie Chicks were censored by the commercial music industry), it would be highly unethical of the music industry to say the least and would be further evidence of the political bias and anti-democratic values of corporate america.

                                                    Sincerely,

                                                    James B. Yonan

http://mail.yahoo.com