[Imc-web] Re: Agenda Item for Steering:Time for Anna to Go?

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 14 13:01:24 CST 2005

Anna,
I will respect you request for no further communications via email from
me. This is the last one. Also, I will no longer respond to any emails
you send to me unless you specifically retract your request for no
further correspondence. However, I will pass them along to those who
work with me at the IMC if you choose to send them to me without
retracting your request.

However, it is my duty to advise you of your options since you are
facing suspension of your posting privileges at UC IMC. If you indeed do
NOT want to appear in person to state your case, you have a couple of
options in case you wish to dispute the evidence that I will be
presenting to the Steering group on Jan. 20.

The issue will proceed to a conclusion at that point, REGARDLESS of
whether you choose to offer a statement and/or disputing evidence or not.

I cannot state conclusively that suspension of your posting priviliges
at UC IMC will occur, but it could very likely happen. I will simply be
presenting the case that you have repeatedly broken our policies and,
despite numerous cautions and warnings, you continue to do so without
showing any sign that you intend to generally comply with them in the
future. It is up to the Steering group to make a final decision.

One, you can submit a written statement, either by email at
imc-web at ucimc.org or by sending it to the IMC with someone else.

Two, you can request internal IMC mediation. You should address such a
request to: imc-web at ucimc.org

If you do so, we will have a mediator get in touch with you. They will
inform you that you have the right to have a personal representative who
can appear and/or bargain in your place. You also have the right to
choose another mediator _from among IMC members_ if you do not wish to
work with the mediator who contacts you. Your personal representative
does NOT have to be an IMC member, but it helps if they are, because
they would be familiar with how our internal process works in cases like
this.

I would not have sent this email, because of your request, except I
wanted to be CERTAIN that you are fully aware of your rights and options
at this point under IMC policy. It is the fair thing to do.
Mike Lehman