[Imc-web] Re: Note of 12/27

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 17 17:39:55 CST 2006

Mr. Wren,
Unfortunately, Mr. King didn't post the item in question, someone else
did. If I had such a request from the original poster, I would be
willing to support having it edited.

Just so that your expectations on this aren't too high, the IMC operates
by consensus. I am not in a position where I can simply make a decision
of this sort, per our longstanding policies on website and email list
editing. Given such a request, I'd be willing to see if there were any
objections. Unfortunately, many of our members are likely to see you
request, as well-founded as you feel it is, simply an act of bullying by
a media giant against the little guy and all it takes is one such person
to put an end to it.

Assuming there were no objections, then I would have to turn it over to
the tech side of things.

Right now, the fellow who has done this sort of work for the last five
years has left us, so I'm uncertain even if your request was approved
based on a request from the original poster if there is anyone available
right now with the skills and access needed to edit the email archive.
But I'd do my best to see that it was done.

Meanwhile, I'm a busy grad student...unfortunately, the IMC is pretty
much an all-volunteer organization, so we don't have the luxury of paid
persistence that the Times has.
Mike Lehman