[Imc-web] rewrite rules

David Gehrig gehrigspamtrap at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 16:50:37 CDT 2006

All right, here's my so-called thoughts.

(1) I'm really very reluctant to try to find a way to graunch
the dada data into drupal.  I don't think it can be done well,
and I don't have the time to waste doing it badly.

(2) Let's watch the lobotomized dada site for a few more
bounces -- if the drain on the system was related to the
process of posting to dada, then we should see better
response all around now that it no longer is.  Early signs
look good.

(3) Here's a little more detail of what I'm suggesting.

If a URL request comes in for

www.ucimc.org/newswire/....
www.ucimc.org/mod/info/...
www.ucimc.org/editor/...
www.ucimc.org/library/...

then redirect it to archive.ucimc.org.

Otherwise have it go to the drupal site.

I'm assuming this would have to be done in the main
apache config file. If this passes a basic sanity check, let's try it.

@%<