[Imc-web] Adding Tags to Articles

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 10 14:48:05 CDT 2007

I see that we suddenly have a variety of Google, Digg, Technorati, etc
tags added to articles on the website. I have a several concerns about
these.

1. They all seem to require user registration and this will presumably
compromise the privacy of those who use them on our site.

2.Having them on IMC makes us a party to their marketing efforts. This
seems to be a questionable policy for an IMC to engage in.

3. Does the software involved in these report or log IPs in any fashion?
I presume they do, given Google record on this.

Since most internet users can presumably use the regular Google search,
I question the need for these additions, particularly so if they raise
privacy concerns as they seem to.