[Imc-web] Re: Petition to Reform Tamms Supermax Prison

Nicole Pion nicole.pion at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 13:36:55 CDT 2009

Hi Barbara,
I am sending this question along to the web team, since I am not sure.  It
may conflict with 501c3 status if it has any direct call regarding a piece
of legislation...web team?

I'll be in each day this week, but let's set up a time.  I will be working
tomorrow from 1-4, Wednesday from 12-8, Thursday 10-6:30 and Friday 10-5.  I
may or may not work in the production room, so let me know when you plan to
stop by.

Nicole

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Barbara kessel <barkes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Nicole,         I am thinking that since the UC Books to Prisoners is
> a sponsoring organization, we should be able to add this petition (found
> when clicking on the link) to the website of IMC. Is that a possibility -
> politically/organizationally and technically? Barbara
>
> P.S. when are you planning on being in the office this week, so I can learn
> fromyou how to put things upon the community calendar?
>
> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 12:36 PM, sara ross <saralross at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All!
>> Here is another way to mobilize around Tamms stuff. This session is our
>> chance to get this bill passed!
>> Warmly, Sarah
>>

>>       Dear Friend,
>>
>>  Thank you so much for all your hard work and support--we are at a real
>> turning point!
>>
>> As you know, Rep. Julie Hamos introduced legislation to reform Tamms
>> supermax prison, and we already have 22 co-sponsors. Please sign our *online
>> petition to s**upport HB2633 and fo**rward it to all your contacts. *
>>
>> *http://www.juliehamos.org/tamms<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=IXFEZzGTkqLmJLYPtvWxERU5YVyJJ9g3>
>> *
>>
>> Why is this so important?
>>
>> *We need to show all the lawmakers in Illinois that there is widespread
>> support for this bill.* Please help us make sure this petition reaches
>> every corner of the state.
>>
>> *Rep. Julie Hamos will personally deliver this petition to our
>> legislators and to Governor Quinn.*
>>
>> Tamms is already a human rights and pubic policy disaster. Let's make it a
>> political liability.
>>
>> http://www.juliehamos.org/tamms<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=K3EJNq8YlwsEikewDt7DMxU5YVyJJ9g3>
>>
>> Tamms Year Ten
>> www.YearTen.org<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=MIlueID6YPFT97esZCoUCBU5YVyJJ9g3>