[Imcfest-volunteers] IMCfest 2009 = Success!

dan blah blah at chambana.net
Mon Apr 20 09:12:32 CDT 2009

Hey all,

Huge thanks to all of the volunteers, performers, and attendees for
helping to make this IMCfest one the best!  Everyone really came
together and showed solidarity in support of local arts, music, and
independent media.  We had over 400 people enjoy the festival and
raised over $2,000 for your Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center!
 This and your future support is going a long way in benefiting the
following U-C IMC programs:
*Radio Free Urbana WRFU-LP 104.5FM (http://www.wrfu.net), the areas
only community run and operated low power FM radio station.
*The Public I (http://publici.ucimc.org/), an independent,
collectively run, community oriented publication for the news
underreported and voices under-represented in the dominant media.
*Community performance space (http://shows.ucimc.org), a collectively
run performance space made available at low cost for all community
remembers.
*Community production facilities (http://production.ucimc.org), a
collectively run production facility offering multi-media training and
inexpensive production services - such as filming, recording, and
editing - for community individuals and groups
*Community web hosting project (http://www.chambana.net), a project
that seeks to provide low-cost web hosting services to local
non-profit organizations, small businesses, and individuals. Spreading
online access, this project also brings low cost donated computers and
wireless equipment to local low income neighborhoods
*Books to Prisoners (http://www.books2prisoners.org/), a project
providing books to Illinois inmates at no cost. We offer books by mail
to all Illinois inmates and operate lending libraries in our two local
county jails.
*And our many other projects listed at http://www.ucimc.org

Please continue to show your support for one of your communities great
spaces by attending future U-C IMC shows (http://ucimc.org/calendar)
and spreading the word about the space.  Visit http://www.ucimc.org to
learn more about what you can do with a whole building and
http://www.imcfest.org to find out more about IMCfest if you missed it
or are already missing it :)

Thanks again for all your support,
--