[Newspoetry] frames, indices

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 29 11:32:08 CDT 1999

hey william, you can have navbars on the left w/o using frames. for an
example of a site designed that way see the site i designed for my
workgroup at ncsa

http://emerge.ncsa.uiuc.edu/

i use perl scripts to insert page content into a template which
contains the navigation bar on the left.

the page uses cascading style sheets but looks ok in a browser w/o
them. it also uses "div" tag extensions, but again this doesn't mean
that the page isn't viewable in browsers which don't support those
extensions, such as Opera and Lynx.