[Newspoetry] Supervalu In The Hot Seat Again!

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 19 14:59:41 CDT 1999

As a prime example in the lawlessness against workers tolerated under US
labor law, Supervalu will be back in the news Wed.  I'll be glad to see
you there if you can make it.
Mike Lehman

Panel Discussion Sponsored by the Champaign County United Nations
Association

Moderator- Amy Kummerow

                WORKERS RIGHTS IN THE GLOBAL ECONOMY

WHERE:  Champaign Library Auditorium
           505 South Randolph, Champaign

WHEN:   Wednesday, September 22, 7:00pm

PANELISTS:

Belden Fields, Professor of Political Science, U of I
                Member, Living Wage Association of Champaign County

        "Workers' Rights in the UN Declaration and the Covenant on
Economic,
                Social and Cultural Rights"

Ronald J. Peters, Head, Labor Education Program, Institute of Labor and
                Industrial Relations (ILIR), U of I

        "The International Labor Organization and US Union Efforts to
                Address Worker Rights Multinationally"

Mike Lehman, Coordinator, Living Wage Association of Champaign County

        "How US Labor Law Fails US Workers"

                          EVERYONE  IS  WELCOME!