[Newspoetry] Hat Returns after Nader Champaign

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 27 19:57:37 CDT 2000

This has been fun, but please don't tell us it was all scripted, like a
Disney moment. I'll never be the same if my illusions are crushed.

This happened once when I was six years old and I haven't looked at
anything fictional with the same interest twice. Don't ruin it for me
and newspoetry. It'll dash all my dreams and cause me to start smoking
crack and robbing liquor stores.

-sniff-

'Cause I'll need my blankie to comfort me (and it was lost nearly four
decades ago, somewhere between Terre Haute and Phoenix.)
Mike