[Newspoetry] silly human behavior

Maiko Covington mcovingt at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 14 10:43:15 CST 2000

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, Mike Lehman wrote:

> I'm beginning to think we humans ought to revolt!
>
> Those damn cats, if they're that smart, should have to go to
> work/school!

	One of the first poems I ever wrote, back in high school sometime
right before the yearly final examinations:

	"Cats are nifty, cats are cool, Cats don't hafta go to school...
	 I wish I was a cat."

> I don't know about letting them give us a bath though; we'll probably
> still want to shift for ourselves on that, rather than getting worked
> over by those sandy tongues.

	My grey cat actually likes washing my head while I'm lying down
on the floor on a cushion reading a book, and I gotta say it's quite
nice. Sort of a friendly/motherly thing to do, I suppose. We all sleep
in a big pile, too. :)

	Maiko "but I'm not about to wash THEM" Covington