[Newspoetry] Radio Free Urbana Special Meeting

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 17 22:41:56 CDT 2000

There will be a special Radio Free Urbana meeting this Thursday, July 20
at the School for Designing A Society, which is at 409 N. Race St. (just
south of University Ave) in Urbana. The meeting starts at 6pm and will
run about two hours.

A representative of the Prometheus Radio Project
<http://prometheus.tao.ca/>
will conduct a workshop on LPFM for us. Everyone is encouraged to
attend.

Also, we are still collecting program proposals. If you haven't sent in
yours yet, think, "What would I like to hear on the radio?" and write it
down. Come to the meeting and find out what's involved. It's that
simple. We need these program proposals as part of our license
application, which will be due in August.

We have 168 hours a week to fill, so no proposal is too small or unusual
for us to accomodate. This is YOUR radio station. Don't put off writing
it down and sending it in, because you will have 6 months or so to
consider how it will "change your life," prior to actually having to
implement your idea, before we have the station up. You can even change
your mind, but send us something ASAP.

Mike Lehman