[Newspoetry] Al Gore meets Cal Pozo!!!

charles joseph smith cjsmith2 at students.uiuc.edu
Sun Nov 26 03:35:26 CST 2000

---PRESIDENTIAL CANDITATE MEETS FAMOUS CUBAN DANCE INSTRUCTOR------

Al Gore met ballroom dancer extraordinaire from Cuba, Cal Pozo, in a
surprise invitation to his Tennesee home. He wanted to laud Al Gore for
his fun attempt to introducing the macarena dance in the recent Democratic
National Convention in Chicago. He presented Al Gore with two tickets for
Club Tropicana in Cuba. Cal told me that since communism in Cuba is
loosening its grip because Fidel Castro is getting older and older, Club
Tropicana is now being more accepted in Cal's country.

Cal Pozo had been famous for his line of instructional dance videos
on swing, salsa, and most of the social ballroom dances popular today,
such as waltz, foxtrot, and tango.

Charles Joseph Smith      "I am called "The Little Lily of Salsa" because
URH, 101 Daniels Hall      I feel like a happy, little lily flower when
1010 W. Green St.          I dance to the salsa music. But I can dance
Urbana, IL 61801-3097      to almost everything I can think of."
(217) 332-2143                           --Myself