[Newspoetry] [Picnic in Urbana] Reading tonight @Zach's

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Dec 31 14:02:02 CST 2001

hi, NP is officially crashing the New Year's Eve stage tonight at
Zach's.  I hear that there will be other (non-News) poets as well, so we'll
be part of non-stop commercial-free poetry block.

Poets should bring printouts.  I've decided that trying to read from a
laptop is lame.  If any non-CU Newspoets feel like virtually participating,
just let me know what poems you want read and I'll print them out and bring
them along.  I have no idea for how long people are going to want to sit
still and listen to poetry, so I'm not going to do the three-hour
Newspoetry extravaganza with celebrity cameos, synchronized explosions, and
three-story-tall video walls this time.

person