[Newspoetry] Re: The 2003 NBA All-Star Hoop-it-up for Debt Relief

Donald L Emerick emerick at chorus.net
Tue Feb 12 10:18:45 CST 2002

Dear Joe...

Thanks for covering the b-ball game for me.

I do not know how to watch basketball, so
Your courtside was the finest rebroadcast
of what sounded like incredibly great play
that I have ever attended, at least in years.

Truly, I have not attended a live game in years
Nor have I even seen live broadcasts for years.

Despite my undeniable and undisputed lack of qualifications,
I find your coverage most certainly as good as the real thing.

It virtuously validated versimilitudinal virtuality.
Which is why I no longer follow b-ball games.

Thanks for covering
But not covering up,
This amazing story.
Donald L Emerick