[Newspoetry] from the technical desk

Editor-Within-Chief futrelle at shout.net
Tue Feb 19 22:46:25 CST 2002

Newspoets,

First of all, I want to raise a toast to all you Newspoets because you ROCK.

We are absolutely stuffed to the gills with Newspoetry.  We're booked
through this time next month.  Keep 'em coming if you want to, or even take
a Newspoetry vacation if you want, because we're at a comfortable cruising
altitude and the complimentary beverages are flowing (speaking of which,
Babs, I owe you one, big).

It's all about T-shirts at this point.  Porter, I want that on my desk
yesterday!  I've got pre-orders for the damn thing and I haven't even seen
the proofs.

In the meantime, I spruced up the search page.  Unplugged the old
steam-powered search engine that William Gillespie, Sr. installed in
19-aught-99 and replaced it with one of those snazzy yellow rack-mounted
Google units.  It just purrs.  Give it a spin at

http://www.newspoetry.com/search.html

I need to come up with a better solution for excluding indexes from
searches, but damn it, I'm an editor, not a search engine guy!

[grinds cigar butt out]

Now listen.  I want three ice dancing poems by four o'clock, and make sure
we get a bard on the copyright extension ruling prontissimo.  Now get out
of my office!

editor-within-chief
http://www.newspoetry.com/