[Newspoetry] Back in the Saddle, sore already

Robert Porter bwp61 at ix.netcom.com
Thu Feb 28 16:02:50 CST 2002

Howdy --

    After being overwhelmingly saddened and disgusted by the myriad of
violent deaths in the news last week, I decided to take a vacation from the
news for a while.  Within a couple of days, I noticed a distinct improvement
in my quality of life.  My sinuses cleared, food tasted better, and even an
absurd performance by KISS at the closing ceremony of the olympics didn't
put a damper on my mood.  But after a week, I decided I'd been lax in my
duties as an employee of The Associated Poets, and ventured a glance at the
Mainstream Media.  What I saw renewed my general feeling of dismay:

http://www.nytimes.com/

    Which article?  Pick one!

    Anyone know a good remedy for sinus congestion?

                                -- Bob Porter