[Newspoetry] Dear John

MadCoyote9 at aol.com MadCoyote9 at aol.com
Wed Jun 12 20:51:45 CDT 2002

Offered to Newspoetry.com with the permission of the author by Rev. Dave.

An Open Letter to John Ashcroft, Attorney General of the United States
by Claire Braz-Valentine

Minnie Lou's Breast & John Ashcroft
On January 28, 2002, Attorney General John Ashcroft, announced that he spent
$8000 of taxpayer's money for drapes to cover up the exposed breast of The
Spirit of Justice, an 18ft aluminum statue of a woman that stands in the Hall
of Justice.

John, John, John,
you've got your priorities all wrong.
While men fly airplanes into skyscrapers,
dive bomb the pentagon,
while they stick explosives into their shoes,
and then book a seat right next to us,
while they hide knives in their luggage,
steal kids on school buses,
take little girls from their beds at night
drive trucks into our state capital buildings,
while our president calls dangerous men all over the world
evildoers and devils,
while we live in the threat of biological warfare
nuclear destruction,
annihilation,
you are out buying yardage
to save Americans
from the appalling
alarming, abominable
aluminum alloy of evil,
that terrible ten foot tin tittie.
You might not be able to find Bin Laden
But you sure as hell found the hooter in the hall of justice.

It's not that we aren't grateful
But while we were begging the women of Afghanistan
To not cover up their faces
You are begging your staff members to
Just cover up that nipple
To save the American people