[Newspoetry] Have Some Fun

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 19 20:51:55 CDT 2002

In case there might be people here who don't know, we have a very well
regarded Indy Media Center here in beautiful Urbana. Like all Open
Publishing formats, the Newswire at the UCIMC is occassionally abused by
right-wing zealots that wander in the e-door by mistake. It's not that
we aren't open to a wide variety of opinion, like any IMC, but these
folks are just so righteous (was that a pun that slipped out?) that they
make great foils for all sorts of fun. In fact, I have one on the line
now, who is doing his best to diss the whole idea that life is anything
other than another fine consumer product of USA, Inc.

His name is "jib" and here's a link to where you can get in on the
conversation. Page down to the comments:
<http://www.ucimc.org/front.php3?article_id=6026&group=webcast>

Just to put a Newspoetry spin on it, "jib" is taking special care to
poetry-bash, although he denies it, in his derision of anything that he
can't at some point fold and put in his wallet. So have at it. All
comments, like everything e-else at the UCIMC, is free.

Who knows?  I may have invented a new form tonight, the Snappy Comeback
to Smug Rushite Newspoem.

Mike