[Newspoetry] soft money work-around

brcooper brcooper at students.uiuc.edu
Sat Nov 2 11:42:26 CST 2002

PARTIES CREATE WAYS TO AVOID SOFT MONEY BAN

Problem is, Pol-Parts can’t get off the tender tender.

we’ve tried to quit says Pol-Parts but when we see that squishy moola
well it’s just torture not to have some.
and when someone in the movies sparks up those velvety clams.
and worst of all when we’re drinking we can’t help ourselves.

Pol-Parts get fatter, fatter: blame hormonal imbalance

(truth is, Pol-Parts diet-cheat:
can’ t bring quaggy brass home since MCCN-FNGLD laid down law)

—so:
 DemPol-Part  and PubPol-Part invent new pals to stash lax cash:
Dem-Sate-Part-Org, Lead-Forum  cook up slushy scratch,
 Pol-Parts fill up on spongy bread at the buffet.

quoth Duk-Haz is that just a little bit more than the law will allow?
a little bit less says Pol-Parts mouth full of whispery currency.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/02/politics/campaigns/02MONE.html?pagewanted=2

--bethany