[Peace-discuss] Israeli Ind Day Celebration

Divestment Campaign campaign at uofidivest.org
Tue Apr 16 08:01:21 CDT 2002

Celebrating Israel

Keeping the Apartheid Dream Alive for 54+ years!

Wednesday, April 17th Quad (Union Side) at 11:45 AM

Bring your party hats, kazoos, bulldozers and Apache helicopters!

Join us this Wednesday at 11:45 AM on the Union side of the Quad as we
rally in support of the Palestinian people in their 54 year old struggle
against a relentless system of political, social and economic
disenfranchisement.  We will challenge the racism against the Palestinian
people, so all pervasive it has become normalized.

We will stand with those in the West Bank and Gaza who are slowly being
squeezed into smaller and smaller Bantustans by Jewish only neighborhoods
and roads, the refugees living in squalid ghettos for endless decades in
Lebanon, Jordan and Syria, and the Palestinian Israeli citizens,
1/5 and growing of the so called Jewish state, who face legal and social
discrimination as an everyday day fact of existence.

As they feast on the food and dance to the rhythms of the dispossessed
Palestinian people, a community of solidarity will gather to challenge the
naked arrogance and racism of Zionism and U.S. imperialism, calling for
the international isolation of Israel and divestment at the University of
Illinois until the Israeli system of Apartheid is dismantled and equal
rights for all the citizens of Israel/Palestine are recognized.