[Prairiegreens-org] Re: [Peace-discuss] Saudi jet story false

John Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Mon Aug 19 12:59:13 CDT 2002

At 09:26 PM 08/18/02 -0400, Ricky Baldwin wrote:

>On Sept. 11, Transportation Sec. Norman Y. Mineta ordered all commercial
>flights grounded until noon Thurs. Sept. 13, except for those already on the
>runway at the time.  Some airports and airlines apparently did not resume
>"service" immediately at noon, or even until Friday Sept. 14, because of
>"new security measures" or other things.  That's according to press reports
>I found.
>
>I do not know exactly when international flights resumed.  However, the
>article Michael Moore cited, as well as the ones you brought to our
>attention, report that the Saudis left town after international flights were
>allowed.  Maybe that isn't so, or maybe it is.  I don't know.  All I know is
>so far we haven't seen any evidence that the Saudis were allowed to fly when
>no one else was.  And I believe in such cases the burden of proof is on the
>one making the allegation, not the one who disputes the evidence presented
>(technically).  We can wonder, we can speculate - about any number of things
>we don't know - but I checked Moore's source, and read your postings.  Nada.
>  Is there more on this that I don't see?  Am I just being difficult -
>again?

I may be missing something too, but to me the significant issue isn't
precisely the time at which the bin Laden gang was allowed to leave the
country relative to when everyone else was allowed to leave.  To me the
critical question is how much, if at all, the bin Ladens were questioned
about their knowledge of the whereabouts of Osama, and about their
involvement in "terrorism".  It's my understanding that plenty of other
Arab-looking or Arab-sounding people with far more tenuous ties to bin
Laden were questioned at some length.  And no, I can't cite sources.  :)

John