[Peace-discuss] Ask your friends to help (fwd)

patton paul ppatton at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Mon Dec 16 13:07:52 CST 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 16 Dec 2002 16:34:17 -0000
From: "Wes Boyd, MoveOn.org" <moveon-help at list.moveon.org>
To: Dr. Paul Patton <ppatton at uiuc.edu>
Subject: Ask your friends to help

Dear MoveOn member,

As the year winds down, we start to look at the challenges ahead.
Together, we've gathered a wonderful group of folks committed to
making a difference -- 600,000 of us in the U.S. and more than
1,000,000 worldwide.  Even so, the challenges are daunting.
Please take this moment to let others know about what we're doing
and to ask them to help.

We've run across a great piece of Flash media that really says
it all.  Check it out.  It's excellent.  Very creative.

  http://www.moveon.org/technicaldifficulties

This piece was produced by Ian Bruce and he's kindly allowed it
to be used in our membership building efforts.  If you like it,
forward it on to good friends who would also resonate to the message.
We've attached a sample email you could use below.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,

-Wes Boyd
 President, MoveOn.org

SAMPLE EMAIL YOU COULD SEND TO YOUR FRIENDS

Check out this great Flash movie.  It's really creative.

   http://www.moveon.org/technicaldifficulties

A group I'm a part of, MoveOn.org, is distributing this piece as
a membership builder.  With more than a million participants
world-wide, MoveOn is showing how the Internet can be used to
bring democracy back to politics.  In the last couple years
we've focused on Campaign Finance Reform, Environmental Protection,
and more recently, opposing Unilateral, Pre-emptive war on Iraq.
We've had an incredible impact on this debate through MoveOn,
helping pull together a mainstream coalition of ordinary folks
and prominent organizations, like the Sierra Club, NAACP, and
National Council of Churches.

The Flash movie really says it all for me, about the challenges
we face.  It's up to all of us to act now.

Could you sign up to receive MoveOn's messages as a start?  If it
doesn't work for you, you can unsubscribe at any time.  They put
an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email.

To subscribe, just go to:

    http://www.moveon.org/dubyadubyadubya/

If we can build our numbers to 5 million folks, tied together
through the Internet, we will change the world.

Thanks.