[Peace-discuss] My money's on water...

Ken Urban kurban at parkland.edu
Tue Apr 29 13:52:20 CDT 2003

I've found that sparkling water (la croix, $2.99 per 12 at Strawberry
fields & Jerry's IGA) is a great substitute.  I keep a case in the
office, and when I feel like something to drink besides water, I get a
bubbly water.  Yes, it takes getting used.

Here's some of Jim Hightowers's thought on water

http://www.ratical.org/co-globalize/waterProftrs.html

http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=13664

Here's public citizen's water campaign

http://www.citizen.org/cmep/Water/

I also discovered that "Drinking Water Week" is coming up:

http://www.awwa.org/communications/mainstream/WN01_DWW.cfm#TopOfPage

Ken

>>> Paul King <pmking at students.uiuc.edu> 04/28/03 11:56PM >>>

For those who are currently trying to reduce their consumption of
corporate sugar water, but don't really like the idea of drinking
water
all the time - check out the Food Coop. They have a bunch of really
good
carbonated drinks. Some of them even have real juice in them. Flavors
like
mango and orange-banana and kiwi strawberry. Good shit! You can screw
coke
and pepsi without even making a sacrifice! And it's healthier!

paul

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the
homeless,
whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of
totalitarianism
or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" (Gandhi)