[Peace-discuss] New Tactics - Civil Disobedience

paul michael king pmking at students.uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 19 14:37:26 CST 2003

I will be attending the FOR (Fellowship of Reconciliation) Non-Violent
Workshop this weekend. Following that, I believe that I would be
comfortable engaging in civil disobedience. I am so enraged and angry and
this energy is not doing me any good inside. To redirect in a positive
direction would be beneficial to my sanity as well as our efforts.

I would only consider such actions on the following conditions:
(1) with the overwhelming approval of AWARE,
(2) in the company of others,
(3) with a social network willing and capable of coordinating and
maximizing the benefits of such actions through media coverage, letter
writing, etc.

I do believe that it is time for such action. Time is running out. I do
not ever want to look back on my life and think that there was ever
anything more I could have done to stop this stupid war.

..::Paul

    "The longer I live, the more I read, the more patiently I think,
      and the more anxiously I inquire, the less I seem to know...
         Do justly. Love mercy. Walk humbly. This is enough..."
              -- John Adams, 2nd president of the US --