[Peace-discuss] Civil Disobedience & Lists

Jim Buell jbuell at prairienet.org
Wed Feb 19 16:12:12 CST 2003

Although a side issue, it's worth bringing up that the default on Groogroo
e-lists, and thus the behavior of peace@ and peace-discuss@, is for the
list archives to be open to members and non-members alike. While that's
generally a fine thing when human readers are involved, it also sets things
up so that search-bots like Google's will archive everything that gets
posted to these lists. As an admin for the Prairiegreens lists, I've heard
enough concerns voiced by people who've posted to those and then found
those posts coming up in web searches, that I've switched those lists over
so that only members may view the archives. Since anyone can sign
themselves up to be on these e-lists, that doesn't keep anybody from seeing
the archives if they want; this method does, however, keep the search-bots
at bay. The peace and/or peace-discuss list owners might want to consider
something similar.

Just a thought,
Jim