[Peace-discuss] Re: Parklanders4Peace: pro-war demo

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 23:02:14 CST 2003

Actually, I'd ask that folks please not show up any
earlier this week.  Whether there's a handful of
pro-war folks or a big group, there will be a much
greater potential for confrontation (and very bad
press) if "we" try to show up before "them".  We are
trying to establish some safety precautions, and if
folks start showing up early, it could completely
undermine that effort.

I know it's tempting to try to "beat them to the
punch", so to speak, but this is not really about
them.  In my opinion, we just need to focus on what WE
are trying to accomplish - getting our message out to
passers by and showing that there are large numbers of
folks right here in Central Illinois who oppose this
crazy war. We will do that.  I suspect that most folks
driving past will see the pro-war folks and just
assume they are with us, anyway.

Ricky