debate idea Re: [Peace-discuss] The case against anti-war adventurism in the U.S. (fwd)

paul michael king pmking at students.uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 17 17:32:56 CST 2003

I be happy to work on this!

Of course, we run the risk of vainglorious grandstanding. Many of those
who speak will be driven by ego, concerned with with their own arguments,
driven by intellect, focused on appearance and drama. This concern for the
"me, me, me"  could get ugly. Some of them may even suffer from a
"messianic complex", dreaming of making the ultimate sacrifice for a
better world. Oh, those selfish activitists! Maybe we shouldn't go outside
at all! Maybe we should sit in a dark closet until all ego is
extinguished. [sarcasm] =)

That article bugged me.

..::Paul