[Peace-discuss] CO Counselor Training

paul michael king pmking at students.uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 31 13:15:19 CST 2003

Conscientious Objection (CO) Counselor Training:

Learn how to advise young people about their rights. Did you know that
anyone under the age of 18 who has signed up for the military enters
through a program called the DEP (Delayed Entry Program). 99% of our
soldiers sign the DEP contract. Did you know that it is not legally
binding?

Help our "voluntary" soldiers get out. Learn what their rights are. Help
young people establish CO status who are required to sign up with the
Selective Service. Help soldiers who have already signed up start the CO
paperwork for early release.

Instructor: Tracy Satterthwaite*