[Peace-discuss] lawyer stuff

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 15:09:33 CDT 2004

I'll let Carl speak for himself, but just to clarify:

I am the one who contacted Gerstein and he never ever
said he would do anything for free.  He was upfront
about his rate and met with us in good faith, whatever
else anyone thinks of him.  He cancelled the first
meeting scheduled for March 3 (due to his mother's
death) and finally met with us March 31.  In the
interim we discussed the situation at AWARE meetings.

At the meeting with Gerstein, he listened to our
concerns and suggested that HE could write a letter to
the police if we liked (on the theory that a lawyer's
letterhead would impress the cops with our
seriousness) and offered to help us with future
incidents when the cops bug us or drop the ball -- for
the same reduced rate of $100 an hour.

Hope that helps.

Ricky