[Peace-discuss] Opinion on WILL LICENSE RENEWAL

Rich Frazin xxx36148 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 14:19:37 CDT 2004

Hi All,

   Maybe it's not the general AWARE consensus, but I personally would
greatly
miss WILL AM 580 and think that it does do many things that serve the
public interest.  Yes, I know they play a lot of NPR, which is tepid
on a good
day and spends a good deal of time repeating government propaganda.
But
they also have great syndicated shows like Alternative Radio (at 6
p.m. yesterday
you could have tuned in for an hour of Noam Chomsky) and Counterspin,
and there's also McChesney's On the Media and an open call-in show
called Focus 580.

   Rich