[Peace-discuss] Opinion on WILL LICENSE RENEWAL

Al Kagan akagan at uiuc.edu
Sun Jul 25 15:35:20 CDT 2004

I agree with Rich.  However, I think there is possible leverage in
this process.  We may be able to use this process to influence
decisions regarding access to the public.  For example, their new
policy on excluding AWARE commentaries because they do not deal with
specifically local affairs may be skirting the regulations.  see
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/renewal/.  All radio stations in Illinois
must indeed reapply by Dec.2004.