[Peace-discuss] Opinion on WILL LICENSE RENEWAL

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Sun Jul 25 14:30:26 CDT 2004

Hear hear..... Also, BBC all nite/11p to 5a, Radio Nation Wed @ 10p.... And better-than-average news and call-in shows 5a to noon M-F.......Garrison Keillor PHC Sun 2-4.  And that's just AM 580.  If you wanna hear good music, 90.9 FM.... BBC World @ 5 M-F and NOW Fri @ 8p on Ch 12, plus a bunch of ever-changing other good stuff, e.g Sing Out, a great documentary on our local Amasong Chorus.....check your monthly Patterns.....  Flawed, you bet, ever and ever more right wing and corporate, yes indeed.  But let's try to improve things and not give in to the temptation to throw out the baby w/ the bath water.

Jenifer C.
Hi All,

   Maybe it's not the general AWARE consensus, but I personally would greatly
miss WILL AM 580 and think that it does do many things that serve the public interest.  Yes, I know they play a lot of NPR, which is tepid on a good
day and spends a good deal of time repeating government propaganda.  But
they also have great syndicated shows like Alternative Radio (at 6 p.m. yesterday
you could have tuned in for an hour of Noam Chomsky) and Counterspin, and there's also McChesney's On the Media and an open call-in show called Focus 580.

   Rich