[Peace-discuss] AWARE table

jencart jencart at mycidco.com
Mon Jul 26 00:32:34 CDT 2004

Hi Folks,

Not sure who was considered "confrontational" last Saturday, but just a couple of points, in case that meant me....

1  We provide the postcards to John Kerry, so he's obviously a candidate whom we want folks to try to reach/hope is reachable.  That hardly seems an endorsement, tho' it does mention a candidate by name.  Also,. I don't think we should tell folks what to write to John Kerry just because we're providing the cards.

2  If we're displaying and selling yard signs (hot item, lotsa orders) that say VOTE OUT BUSH - CHANEY it seems appropriate to discuss how to actually accomplish this, there being only one way to do this, which is not really an endorsement of a particular candidate either.

3  As usual there were great folks and great discussions w/ all those who stopped by the table, everyone seemed energized, happy to talk and be among others who feel as they do..... Really, no one seemed miffed in the slightest, so maybe "confrontational" and "endorsement of a particular candidate" needs to be re-thought?  Or not.... Am open to comments, and also will wait to see Durl's guidelines.

Thanks,
Jenifer C.