[Peace-discuss] Langenheim vs Gill

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 12 21:48:36 CST 2004

I'd be surprised if anyone is doing any serious polling on this contest,
given its cost.  But I think your hesitations are appropriate.

Gill originally supported a second nuclear reactor at Clinton -- he's from
there -- on the basis of "jobs." At the AWARE meeting, he said he now
opposes it.

Gill's signature issue is national health care, where he says he supports
the position of Physicians for National Health Care <www.pnhp.org/>. I'm
still not clear that that means, for him, a Canadian-style single-payer
system.

There's a vagueness about Ralph that I find disconcerting -- witness his
discussion of Iraq when he met with AWARE -- but the points you make here
are important.  --CGE